Another thing about jewelry (much like shoes)....it always fits! So even if you put on a few pounds, your classic strand of pearls and diamond studs always look great. But lets be real, if jewelry has a downside, it's that it can be expensive. I'll admit, I've spent more than I should have (on more than one occasion) on pieces that I had to have. Investment pieces, ones I'll wear forever - a right hand diamond ring about six years ago, diamond hoops two summers ago, a Gucci watch last winter, and most recently, a Judith Ripka ring that makes me smile every time I see it.
But this is Luxe for Less, and though when it comes to jewelry it's hard for me to practice what I preach, not every item I own (or desire) rivals my rent. My jewelry box is filled with pieces that didn't break the bank; pieces that I reach for day after day.
Just recently, I've been experimenting more and more with fashion jewelry. One of my favorite trends right now are charm bracelets and necklaces. They're whimsical and fun. I love how they jingle when you move and something about them makes me feel a little more girly.
Walk through Nordstom, Neimans or Tiffany and I guarantee you'll find some charming pieces for $300, even $3,000, but here are a few that I love...each under $25.
Walk through Nordstom, Neimans or Tiffany and I guarantee you'll find some charming pieces for $300, even $3,000, but here are a few that I love...each under $25.

Right now Urban Outfitters has a ton of charming accessories. This Destination Charm Necklace ($24 ) comes in six different destinations, including Paris, California and Venice. Each 20" necklace contains a jumble of charms highlighting each location. So whether you've been to London or just wish to get there some day, this necklace is sure to be a conversation starter.
If you're looking for something more delicate, check out this Genuine Stone Charm Necklace ($22.50) at Express.com. It comes in five different colors/gems so you're sure to find one that fits. And right now, many accessories at Express.com are buy one, get one 50% off.
Charm bracelets have been charming their owners for decades. Some are so
personal, they get passed down from generation to generation, telling the stories of the women who wore them. But if this is not your story, there are hundreds of ready-made options to choose from. I found this Rhinestone Charm Bracelet with toggle clasp ($4) at CharlotteRusse.com. Don't let the price tag fool you, these are sizeable charms of all different shapes and textures. Throw this on with a pair of jeans and a fitted tee and you're instantly dressed.
Normally when I think of a charm bracelet, I think links. But this iLuck Heart with Peace Bracelet ($24 at shopintuition.com) is a casual twist to the charming trend. This comes in four different colors (I secretly want them all), and I love the adjustable, stretch. I think this also makes a great gift. Peace and love...what a wonderful message to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment