Though I only live in a small four-room apartment, I'm constantly seeking out items to add to my home that make me feel comfortable and happy to be there. One of my biggest investments was my bed and each year I buy a new set of high-thread count sheets to not only envelope me while I sleep, but to subtly change or update my room. Besides the bedroom, anything (small or large) can instantly update a space. A vase, a bowl, art, candles, if a store had a home section, I'm there lifting, touching, smelling.
I just discovered a catalog called Acacia. Not sure how long they've been around or how I even got on this mailing list, but I really like this company. According to their Web site, Acacia "provides distinctive, nature-oriented products to enhance customers' enjoyment of their surroundings, and to improve their appearance and well-being." Many of their products are eco-friendly and I think it's a great go-to place to find a gift for the person who seems to have everything.
I'm not much for new-age, zen-type things - but i just loved so much as I was flipping through, that I had to share!
One of my favorite items is this Peonies Coir Doormat ($39.95). It's not only beautiful, but it's woven from natural coconut fiber, which makes it functional, trapping dirt and standing up to all kinds weather.Look for more posts about items for the home, coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment